Re: BBC NEWS | Africa | Famine-hit Zambia rejects GM food aid

on 10/29/02 4:02 PM, Jack_Earley@RL.GOV at Jack_Earley@RL.GOV wrote:

> Let's see. As I recall, there are about 1.2M orphans in Zambia due to AIDS.

> So risky activities are okay if they're known to result in injury, but GM

> food is not okay, because they think it might somehow result in injury.

> Somethin' wrong with this picture.

> Jack Earley

> Radiological Engineer

Right. GM sounds just like RP (rad protection). IAEA, ICRP, etc.

Criminal. (as opposed to "foolish applications of risk aversion and a

perverted sense of applying the 'precautionary principle' ")

As Stewart says: "Once again, politics and fear trumps science and common

sense."  Although maybe add "profits trumps..."

Thanks Jack, Stewart.

Regards, Jim