RE: Testicular Cancer

At 04:15 PM 11/4/2002 -0500, alstonchris@netscape.net wrote:

>To quote BEIR V, page 316: "The existing data imply that the human testis

>is relatively insensitive to the carcinogenic effects of radiation."

I worried far more about the potential for radiation to cause

damage/mutations that would result in a mutant offspring than cancer. Is

that risk addressed? Wasn't that part of the concern (and more specifically

for risks of mutation in developing fetuses) that caused many abortions

after Chernobyl (which probably were unnecessary).

Cheers,

Richard