RE: Testicular Cancer

Medical Effects of Ionizing Radiation, 2nd edition, by Fred Mettler, MD and

Arthur Upton, MD Chapter 5, Carcinogenesis at Specific Organ Sites

summarizes information known about cancer of various organs including

causes, when known, that are non radiogenic.  For testicular cancer, it

usually occurs in white males under 50.  Causes are unknown.  Incidence and

mortality studies of radiation effects have not detected cancer increases of

genital organs.  Case reports of soft tissue sarcomas in other body parts

are so rare that causal links cannot be established.  References for all

these statements and more are provided.

William Morris, CHP

Opinions expressed are mine alone.