RE: another reaction to the Pittsburg TMI "study"

I think that the design and function of CRT and x-ray tubes play into this

discussion.  CRTs are designed to allow a stream of low-energy electrons to

strike a phosphor screen, which converts the electron energy to be converted

to light.  Fluorescence occurs a low ev energies.  The x-rays that result

are from characteristic x-rays from the phosphor materials and the glass.

X-ray tubes are designed to convert high energy electrons to high energy

bremsstrahlung photon radiation.  The Be window in medical x-ray tubes

reduce the low energy x-rays that would contribute to the skin dose

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

3050 Traymore Lane