Re: Media dishonesty

At 08:22 PM 11/11/2002 -0500, Muckerheide wrote:

>Friends,

>The media's at it again.

>See this Nov 10 article on nuclear plant spent fuel pool accident

>devastation!

>http://www.nyjournalnews.com/newsroom/111002/10spentfuel.html

>Note the complete dishonesty of the article.

So for the 5.999E9 people in the world NOT on this list, why would they

**NOT** believe this?

I see the last paragraph of the article once again pays homage to LNT.

I saw the mention of Sandia Labs in this article--of course, that lends

credibility to it.

I wonder--would a Web site signed off by a few of you Ph.D.s be of use?

Take the article and debunk it paragraph by paragraph?

Do people still respect Ph.D.s?

For a moment FORGET your industry and the jobs/benefits/etc., but rather

think of the ANGST that this causes lay people.

Cheers,(?)

Richard