AW: David Besse Hole is full of questions

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu [mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von RuthWeiner@AOL.COM
Gesendet: Montag, 21. Oktober 2002 17:38
An: jacobusj@ors.od.nih.gov
Cc: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Betreff: Re: David Besse Hole is full of questions

In a message dated 10/21/02 9:07:38 AM Mountain Daylight Time, jacobusj@ors.od.nih.gov writes:

I guess the lesson here is that core meltdown did not happen, but could
have.

Do the media cover possible serious traffic accidents, potential explosions at chemical plants, potential serious accidents with fireworks, or potential attacks with guns that "didn't happen but could have?"  I remember reading about ONE airplane near-mishap.

There is a very interesting book available,  author is "Greenpeace", which shows all nuclear accidents and most of all "possible" accidents and "near misses". The book is really interesting because of the detailed information about the accidents. The conclusions drawn - like "We hardly escaped the destruction of the world" is of course nonsense. (The accident involved mock-ups of nuclear bombs and if there had been real bombs the world would have been destroyed......) For information purposes I have always recommended this book, which even gives technical details - of course Greenpeace copied official reports. Anybody interested in it is invited to contact me privately.
Best regards,
Franz