Resuspension

Regarding resuspension factors, a very useful document I've used is

NUREG/CR-4856 (PNL-6137), "Feasibility Study on a Data-Based System for

Decisions Regarding Occupational Radiation Protection Measures," 1987.

Although a bit dated, it does contain lots of information about "material

dispersibility."  Specifically, it uses coefficients of dispersibility (not

the same as resuspension factors that have units of inverse distance) that

are unitless estimates of the amount of available material liberated into

the air during various processes.   Dispersibility coefficients for solids

were estimated at 1E-6 (0.000001).  Processes considered were sawing,

grinding, sanding and polishing.  There are a lot of references and plenty

of discussion on actual data obtained, release fractions, probability of

intake, etc.   I'm sure it's not available electronically, but maybe on

ADAMS?   Good luck.

Eric M. Goldin, CHP

<goldinem@songs.sce.com>