Re: Article: High Security Trips Up Some Irradiated Patients,Doctors Say

If the radiation can be shown to be coming from the thyroid or distributed through the body, wouldn't that be enough to show that this is not a case of a terrorist intending to scatter a radiation source?

 Is it realistic to think someone would hide a harmful amount of radioactivity in a body cavity?

I don't think a high tech solution (e.g. gamma spec) is needed.

Mark G. Hogue, CHP
mark.hogue@srs.gov
"But we surely overrate the usefulness of what we like to call "stimulation" and underrate the need for time, peace of mind, mature reflection." -  Susan Haack

"DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily represent Westinghouse Savannah River Co. or the United States Department of Energy."