Re: MEDHP-SEC: Article: High Security Trips Up Some Irradi

>Mass market detectors (even watches) could be very cheap.  As soon as

>its a big enough market for a custom chip to be engineered and for

>volume production of Cd Te to reduce the price.  Depending of course on

>how opportunistic the purveyors want to be.

All true. My question would be, however, what makes you think CdTe

resolution is good enough to do the job (i.e. identify nuclides

which make a false alarm and be certain enough to stay silent)?

I don't think anything less than HPGe would do the job... And while

given enough market the electronics can be made like what you

describe, we'll have to persuade those guys to carry the Dewars

with liquid nitrogen....

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff

http://transgalactic.freeyellow.com