Security Screening Technique

Mark,

>The focus here should be to find a very simple screening technique to give

>to security personnel.

But what you suggested - locating the source within the body and perhaps

evaluating the dose rate -  _IS_ the technique which will do the job.

 And the same devices which raise the alarm probably can be used after

some minor personell training to locate the source.

 Few people would be happier than myself if the public would want to

put HPGe spectroscopy systems all over the place (which are the only

ones which can do the job with sufficient certainty), being now

technologically ahead of any competition, but to use this to catch

walking dirty bombs... sounds cranky to me. Not that I would not

supply the equipment if asked.... :-).

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff

http://transgalactic.freeyellow.com