film badge discoloration

Wondering if anyone has ever heard of a discoloration or a change in color of a film badge, while it is still being worn?  I'm referring to a change in color of the intact badge (e.g., a change in color of the thin metal holder) that the wearer might notice, not to a change in the film (e.g., not an abnormal darkening noticed after processing of the film).  I'm specifically interested in the "early" mass-produced badges using e.g., a DuPont 559 film packet, used in the 50's.   I know this is an odd question, but it's of interest to me.  Please respond directly to me rather than reply to the list.  Thanks very much.

Mike McKenzie-Carter

(mckenziecarm@saic.com)