U.S. definition of Terrorism

In regard to deliberate rad-dispersal events, there were some posts here

last week stating the the U.S. State Department has not promulgated a clear

definition of terrorism.  I do not know if that is true.  What I do know is

that under the provisions of a multi-agency consensus document named the

CONPLAN, issued in 2001, the U.S. FBI is responsible for making the

determination if a deliberate harmful act is an act of terrorism.  According

to the CONPLAN, the FBI will use the following definition in making that

determination:

"Terrorism includes the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or

property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or

any segment thereof, in furtherance of social or political objectives."

David I. Chanin

"DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily

represent Sandia National Laboratories or the Department of Energy."