No Subject

Dear Radsafers:

    The U.S. DOT regulations require shippers of radioactive material to be

retrained every 3 years.  IATA says every 2 years.  I have in my notes from

Roy Parker's class that the U.S. adopted IATA, but cannot find chapter and

verse.  Dr. Parker, are you out there?  I need to prove (by quoting some

regulation) that I need retraining every 2 years.  No credit given for

deducing why this is needed.  Or, if it's the case, why IATA's 2-year

requirement doesn't apply.  Can anybody help?  Thanks.

W. G. Nabor

Senior Health Physicist

University of CA, Irvine

WGNABOR@UCI.EDU