From: Roy A. Parker [mailto:royaparker@COMPUSERVE.COM]

Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 7:24 AM

To: William V Lipton; William G. Nabor

Cc: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Subject: 49 CFR/ICAO/IATA Training

The sentence in the 1997 interpretation is misleading when it says "the

shipper is not subject to the carrier training requirements."  I have not

gone back to the 1997 ICAO and IATA regulations, but the current ICAO/IATA

regulations explicitly state their training sections apply to shippers.

Albeit this still does distract from the fact that the 2 year period

specified in ICAO and IATA is not applicable, as stated below by Bill Lipton

and in my earlier e-mail reply.

Roy A. Parker, Ph.D.

roy@royparker.org

Tel: 225-924-1473