Re: California legislation

> December 22

> BL Hamrick wrote:

> "In the last legislative session, there were more than 18 hearings held on

> four pending bills that directly affected the California Dept. of Health

> Services, Radiologic Health Branch.  Only one health physicist from the

> branch testified at only one hearing.  That should make some alarm bells

> ring.  Especially when, at the time, the Department had six nationally

> Certified Health Physicists on staff.  Someone needs to ask the right

> questions:  Why aren't the health physicists being invited to speak to the

> legislature?  And, if they aren't the ones providing the information to the

> lay legislators, then who is?  And, are they qualified?"

> 	First, I do not live in CA.

> 	Is the CA Dept. of Health making arrangements for its HPs to testify?

Has

> the Dept. bought into LNT?  Are the HPs being discouraged from testifying

> or told not to?  Is the one who did testify still on staff?  There are

> plenty of examples of executive department employees in government

> generally who have been suppressed or told to keep their mouths shut on

> certain topics.

> 	No, I'm not suggesting a conspiracy.  I'm merely asking some questions.

> may be wrong, and I hope I am and that the lack of Dept. HPs testifying is

> only an oversight or a scheduling problem.  Whatever the case, I'm certain

> one and all would agree that it bears looking into.

> 	The lay legislators are probably being inundated with anti-nuke press

> releases, telephone calls, and so forth.

> Steven Dapra

> sjd@swcp.com

No wonder California's in the mess it is with fiscal overruns to the turn over

34 billion dollars. Californian's need to take a back seat and look at what is

going on. You con not give every smoker who dies from lung cancer more than a

billion dollars, if my memory recalls correctly one court did (I'am sure that

was overturned). Likewise you can not regulate everything, one of those things

that can not be regulated IS GOOD OLD COMON SENSE.

Sincerely

This message was sent using MailMan

provided by Good News Internet Services

http://www.goodnews.net/