From: Ted Rockwell [mailto:tedrock@cpcug.org]
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2002 2:39 PM
To: Jacobus, John (NIH/OD/ORS); 'Rad Safety Institute'; howard long; RuthWeiner@AOL.COM; sjd@swcp.com; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: RE: Dirty bombs(more on the LNT)

John:

That argument doesn't hold in the case of the Shipyard Workers Study.  The head of the Technical Info Panel was Art Upton.  (Cameron was also on the panel.)  That panel met periodically to review all the data and procedures and assure that the results would not be subject to any confounders that could be avoided.  He concluded the study was well done.

The senior author of the NCRP report was--surprise!--the same Art Upton.  So if you take the first Upton as gospel, you have to find the second Upton as either devious or fraudulent.

Or vice-versa.  Take your choice.
 . . .