Re: Dirty bombs(more on the LNT)

John,

"Who pays the piper, calls the tune." I still can't get smoker data

separate from WHI. Women in WHI taking est-progest had 52/10,000 deaths

vs 53/10,000 for placebo. Smokers in the classic Layde study (PDR) had

400% CV mortality of never-smokers. Obviously, the 50% never-smokers in

WHI should have much LESS cv mortality when taking est-progest than

placebo - but publicizing that would cost more for Medicare and

insurance companies!

Radiation phobia, justified by potential devastaion during the cold war,

has blinded politicians (and researchers paid by them) to any benefit

of a good dose of, "essential trace energy", ionizing radiation.

See Cameron - www.aps.org/units/fps/oct01/a5oct01.html and

Jerry Cutler - Radiation Hormesis in Medicine - Doctors for Disaster

Preparedness July 02 (tape from jersnav@mindspring.com), to which I just

listened again, etc.

What do you think of c-reactive protein as a quicker proxy for cancer

and mortality in a placebo study of 0.1 -1.0 mrem/hr from uranium ore

under mattress of people with over 4 mg/L (5th quintile in

Ridker-Harvard study, NEJM347:20Nov14'02)? I'm looking to get tests,

sources and subjects all volunteered - in Mexico if FDA or universities

seek control.

Feliz ano nuevo, Howard Long