From: Jerry Cohen [mailto:jjcohen@prodigy.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 6:51 PM
To: Jacobus, John (NIH/OD/ORS); 'Ted Rockwell'; BLHamrick@AOL.COM; John Cameron; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: Re: Not using LNT to calculate risk does not mean there is no risk.

John,
    Shame on me! I had thought that my views on low-dose radiation effects were derived from a clear and objective evaluation of scientific information. Now, as you point out, it appears that my views are biased by political considerations.
I don't know how, but  I must have imagined that somehow I would be enriched if only the world understood that LNT-based radiation policies are nonsense. Thank you for showing me the light. Maybe some day I and  others who share my biased opinions can develop the superior wisdom and insight that you and the NCRP must possess:-)
 Happy New Year.         Jerry

. . .