Re: Apparent anti-correlations between geographic radiation and cancerare not surprising

John,

Of course ionizing radiation could be a weak carcinogen. Then you still have

to come up with a strong carcinogen that exactly matches the observed cancer

rates. These are NOT minor statistical fluctuations. The entire eastern US

seems to have cancer rates 2 times higher than all of the prairies.

Personally, I'm not 100% convinced that this is due to a "radiation

deficiency syndrome". However, I think that the causal agent has to be more

obviously associated with geography than peoples' sugar intake. How about

humidity or a humidity related biological agent?

Whatever the agent or combination of agents is, it must reproduce this map:

http://www.dceg.cancer.gov/cgi-bin/atlas/mapview2?direct=acccwm70

or else it can't be the cause.

Kai