RE: Not using LNT to calculate risk does not mean there is no risk.

Ted,

I also view the NCRP regulations as recommendations, but we have to live,

and die, by the regulations.

I really do not think that one exception disproves a hypothesis, but may set

limits on it. Of course, what is a hypothesis anyway, but a theory.  See

http://physicsweb.org/article/world/15/12/2 which discusses Karl Popper's

"principle of falsigiability" and the fact that science is not as simple and

clear-cut as we would like it to be.  Particularly biology.  On this point I

think that the LNTH is a good example of this idea.  While it probably works

at the cellular level, it does not at the macro-biology level.

Unfortunately, those who write regulations would like our world to be so

simple, that one size fits all.

-- John

John P. Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  jenday1@msn.com

The comments presented are mine and do not reflect the opinion of my

employer or spouse.