Re: Norm's New Year Resolution may come true: DB may close

Hi Richard

You are correct that radsafe is not really the right forum for discussing

alternatives to nukes, though Mike Stabin has been

patient on the subject in the past, when I discussed it on the list, and got my

usual slings and arrows in return from certain radsasfers.

You are also correct that I have not "quantified" alternatives - it's not my role

as Coordinator for UNPLUG Salem. What I usually do is point people to national

groups that have the resources and people to make plans and projections. So I

suggest you check out http://www.ieer.org  and  http://www.ucsusa.org for their

proposed 20 years plans. Also the website of Senator John Kerry.

I answer more in general political terms, that with the righht leadership and

plans, this country should be able to phase in the 20% alternatives as it phases

out nukes, and even some dirty coal as well.

norm

--

Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr Ave.,

Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8583 or 609-601-8537;  ncohen12@comcast.net  UNPLUG

SALEM WEBSITE:  http://www.unplugsalem.org/  COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE

WEBSITE:  http://www.coalitionforpeaceandjustice.org   The Coalition for Peace and

Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.

"First they ignore you; Then they laugh at you; Then they fight you; Then you win.

(Gandhi) "Why walk when you can fly?"  (Mary Chapin Carpenter)