Re: [Know_Nukes] Air pollution may alter genes

Come on, mutations are subtly occurring in every generation.  Mutations are

natural and in most cases beneficial, its an adaptive response to an

environmental force.  We, homo sapiens, are a result of mutation.  As the

sun's radiant energy increases, some million years before it collapses,

there will be adaptive mutations here on earth to allow survival under the

higher radiation levels.  These will take place over a long period of time

and during that period there will be many detrimental mutations that will

not survive.  Eventually the evolutionary process will win out via mutation

to a viable species.  (wow, I better lay off the coffee so late at

night.....)

H. Dean Chaney, CHP

URS Corp. Sacramento, CA

(916) 679-2086

"In science there is only physics; everything else is stamp collecting."

                                      --Ernest Rutherford