        John was wrong but I doubt if he will admit it. I had an e-mail from him today accusing me of quoting data out of context and several other untrue statements. I replied to him and asked him for examples.

From: "Strom, Daniel J" <strom@PNL.GOV>
>... "The NSWS study is characterized by an unhealthy
> control group, making it one of the very few studies in occupational
> epidemiology not to find a "healthy worker effect" (Table 1).
 What Dan overlooks is  that if a sample of 32,500 are unhealthy, it probably means being a shipyard work is unhealthy. Someone should find out why. The nuclear workers had the same environment. They were much healthier than white males in the U.S. (SMR 0.77).
Best wishes,  John Cameron.
--
John R. Cameron (jrcamero@wisc.edu)
2678 SW 14th Dr. Gainesville, FL 32608

PO Box 405, Lone Rock,WI 53556
(for UPS, etc. insert: E2571 Porter Rd.)
(608) 583-2160; Fax (608) 583-2269
(summer:  until about Oct. 15)