From: Stewart Farber [mailto:farbersa@optonline.net]

Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 4:11 PM

To: BERNARD L COHEN; Radsafe

Subject: Re: AARST Radon Scientist Claim Nation's Policy a Failure

Dear Dr. Cohen:

The measurements at the time in several active solar hot air system heated

homes

and condo complexes in NH with granite heat storage reservoirs were made by

DOE

EML's Radon Studies Group in 1978-81 after I assisted in bringing various

parties

together. My correspondence with the EML is buried in old files now in

storage at

a distant location. My vague recollection is airborne Rn-222 levels above 20

pCi/l. If you wish you might contact the EML directly in New York. I recall

getting letters at the time from Al Breslin, and later Andy George at the

EML

Radon Studies Group about these measurements, although I think both may now

be

retired.

Someone in the EML Radon Studies Group might be able to help you.

Good luck,

Stewart Farber

203 367-0791