Re: Use detector physical area, not effective area

Stephen Frantz,

> So, use the physical probe area, not the effective area to

> calculate contaminatin levels. Strange, eh?

 Actually I would not care about the area or other probe parameters

if I have used a known source to calibrate for the given detector geometry.

The calibration factor (or curve, if done energy dependent) is a result

of all real life parameters taken into account.

 Area and other detector geometry parameters some software would

allow you to use are meant for the case where you don't

have a chance to calibrate for efficiency (well actually they are meant

mostly for the salesman to have something complex to talk about).

Regards,

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff

http://transgalactic.freeyellow.com