Re: Multiple Dosimetry Dose Assignment

Randy,

We obviously don't badge ourselves with multiple dosimetry, but, we

do provide many clients multiple badging. This includes clients that:

1. Report effective dose based on ANSI N13.41-1997 (organ dose

weighting)

2. Webster Dose Weighting (dosimeter under lead apron - chest level

and dosimeter at collar outside lead apron or, single collar badge

outside lead apron)

3. Niklasson Dose Weighting (same as above but for 2 dosimeters)

The primary reason that these clients use either of these 3 methods

is that without opportunity to calculate an effective dose

equivalent, the DDE would exceed regulatory limits both under

quarterly dose limits and annual dose limits.

Use of dose weighting for state regulated individuals exposed using x-

ray generating equioment is permitted by certain states for certain

type of weorkers, and is not approved across the board.

The NRC a few months ago (don't have the report) addressed licensees

who work with radioactive materials to also allow for dose weithing

calculations if the worker also had an effective dose equivalent

calculated for dose from x-ray generating machines (that is how I

remember it).