Re: Non-CHPs in the health physics job market - Opportunities are present

In a message dated 1/23/2003 8:29:34 PM Mountain Standard Time, radiation@cox.net writes:

.  I think it is a travesty that these experienced HP's ( of which I am) with years of on the job experience are not allowed to become CHP's just because (in most cases) they don't have a useless piece of paper that taught them nothing about HP hanging on the wall ( no offence to my colleagues who have this).

Mr. Davis,

It is indeed a travesty that you hold higher education in such low regard.  The acedemic experience is one that expands the mind, feeds the soul, and opens the one's life to a broader array of views and opinions.  I applaud the AAHP and the ABHP for continuing to require the minimum of a BS to sit for the exam.

Keith Anderson, CHP, Esq.
(BS, MS, JD - yep, a whole pile of useless paper.)
Environmental Chemical Corporation