From: Irradiation [mailto:irradiation@hc-sc.gc.ca]
Sent: Tuesday January 28, 2003 2:15 PM
To: Franta, Jaroslav
Subject: Re: Proposed amendments to the Food and Drug Regulations to permit the irradiation of ground beef, poultry, shrimp and mangoes

Dear Jaro Franta ,

Thank you for providing comments on the proposed amendments to the regulations on food irradiation.

The comment period will end on February 21, 2003, and after that date, all comments received will be reviewed by officials in Health Canada. A summary of comments and responses will be posted on the Health Canada web site shortly after the analysis is completed.
In the meantime, if you are interested in obtaining additional information on food irradiation, I invite you to consult the Health Canada web site at:
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/food-aliment/e_index.html

I thank you again for your interest in these proposals.

Best regards,

Claudette Dalpé, Associate Director
Food Regulatory Program
Bureau of Food Regulatory, International and Interagency Affairs
Food Directorate
Health Products and Food Branch
Room 2351, Building No. 7, A.L. 0702C1
Tunney's Pasture, Ottawa, ON, K1A 0L2