RE: Job Posting

Many employers don't understand the difference a highly qualified and motivated HP can make.  The right person in the position will make safety and compliance paramount while not losing sight of the fact that the employer needs to make a profit to keep us all employed.  So he or she will not only ensure you stay out of trouble with the regulators, but will be proactive in working with the production people to ensure all necessary controls are put in place on the front end-- reducing downtime and overall cost.  Increasingly I have found that HP's who are knowledgeable and creative are in high demand.  Doing the job right the first time, even though it may be a little more expensive up front, is far less costly than sitting through endless "whoops, what happened?" meetings and trying to deal with the bad image that results.  But as long as the industry is willing to put up with unqualified and poorly trained HPs at either the technician or professional level, then we will cotinu!

e to be considered necessary evils.

Glenn

>>> "Sandy Perle" <sandyfl@EARTHLINK.NET> 01/31/03 02:20PM >>>

While there is a shortage, one would believe that compensation would go up.

That isn't the case, as we all have observed. Therefore, one must ask

why is this the way it is? I'll hypnotize that the reason we see so

many low salaries for degree required HPs is the opinion of employers

that HPs really aren't that important, highly trained or a necessity.

They therefore can pay lower salaries and still find an HP willing to

work for the "excuse" of a salary.