From: Sandy Perle [mailto:sandyfl@EARTHLINK.NET]
Sent: Tuesday February 11, 2003 11:04 AM
To: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: RE: CSI Miami I-131 Episode

How many times do we see the AMA up in arms over a program where
doctors are depicted not quite so accurately? Ever watch Presidio
Med, ER. Dr. Kildare?

How many times do we see the ABA up in arms over a program where
attorneys are depicted not quite so accurately? Ever watch the
Guardian, The Firm, LA Law, Alley McBeal?

How many times do we see the ABA up in arms over a program where
police are depicted not quite so accurately? Ever watch Hack,
Sopranos, or any other police show?

My point ... TV and movies are fiction unless specifically stated to
be accurate in all areas. While I know when there are falsehoods
being shown when it comes to radiation, health physics, radiology,
dosimetry, etc., I am not about to go to every movie and start to
analyze every scene to determine the accuracy of each scene,
statement and conclusion.

TV and movies are for entertainment. Let's just leave it at that. IF
those who are really so upset write the network, the producers and
the writers, and get it off their chest. It's not going to change
anything. Radiation and anything associated with it gets viewers to
watch. Anything having to do with sensationalism gets their
viewership up. I watched,, it was bogus, but it was entertainment.
That's all it was.

There are too many other things to worry about these days, and what
is depicted on TV isn't really at the top of my list, nor is it in
the Top 10.

Sandy Perle
Director, Technical
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306
Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/