RE: CSI Miami I-131 Episode

On 11 Feb 2003 at 12:49, Franta, Jaroslav wrote:

> IMO, this can lead to absurd regulations, policies, etc., misplaced government resources & expenditures, and so on...

Jaro,

Politicians already have their own perceptions of radiation safety,

and, how regulations should be promulgated, and funds appropriated.

We already know where there are politicians who obviously don't agree

with the rest of us whop believe that radiation workers are over-

regulated, and, there is not an appreciation of the current state of

technology that exists today. There is probably more known about

radiation than any other hazardous material. Having said that, I

seriously disagree that TV shows make regulations and policies.

Let me suggest that those who are really upset with the whole

Hollywood culture and how they incorporate asinine story lines, that

they come out to CA and picket the studios. They can also picket the

Oscars, the Emmys, etc. I'm confident that the pickets will receive

much national attention, and, perhaps their point of view can be

made.

Of course I see the above actions no different that the recently

thrown out litigation over McDonalds and obese individuals. This TV

discussion and that litigation to me are synonymous.

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/