Re: "claims" vs failure to act

Not off topic seems to be my "question", how
the source of a "dirty bomb" would be determined, if the source for an
anthrax attack cannot. In Europe still nobody really cares for the threat of
a dirty bomb......

Best regards,

Franz

Dear colleagues,

Franz gave me the opportunity  to inform about the IAEA, USA, Russia Plan Conference in March 2003  "Tightening Security of Radioactive Materials"
Please GO TO http://www.iaea.or.at/worldatom/Press/News/2002/12/3-382750.html
and also read the related link March 2003 Conference.

However, I would like to insist considering the Sandy's initial message:
In my opinion, to general population, nevertheless the message, it must be short and simple, avoiding technical language and  credible.
Now again: How can an important person  mention: " He stated that one would receive more radiation from a NY to LA flight, then being near a dirty bomb after it explodes."
Why it is necessary  the above IAEA, USA, Russia Plan Conference in March 2003 considering an information like that?
What kind of scenario he had had in his mind for a dirty bomb?
Only after one knowing the scenario he can talk about consequences
In such situation one should take care using relative risk comparisons.
Ask to any member of the family and friends out of our radiation-safety world if they believe
 that one would receive more radiation from a NY to LA flight, then being near a dirty bomb after it explodes."

Many of us love to put on a halo around our solutions for others.

 Jose Julio Rozental
joseroze@netvision.net.il
Israel