Re: Sec. Ridge accurately addresses the impact of a "dirty bomb"

Sandy,

Give me a break!  This is the same crowd that had everyone running out buying duct tape and plastic in case of an attack.  Of course, they never said what we were going to be attacked with.  Now he is trying to act like that they are being helpful and educating the public.  After raising the "threat level" to try an impress the public with how much that are doing to protect us.

One thing the Dept of Homeland Insecurity lacks is good intelligence.  And I mean that is both senses of the word.

Get a grip on it!

 Sandy Perle <sandyfl@EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:

I was just watching "Inside Edition with Wolf Blitzer" and Sec Ridge addressed the
real impact of a dirty bomb as being primarily a psychological impact, rather than a
human injury impact. He stated that one would receive more radiation from a NY to
LA flight, then being near a dirty bomb after it explodes. He then reiterated that the
impact is mostly psychological, and that he said, is one of the things a terrorist
wants, psychological impact.

Now if only his message received broader distribution!

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail: crispy_bird@yahoo.com