RE: Air Sampling for unknowns to Use of Radsafe as a Forum

All,

I don't mind the *high traffic* all that much, it just makes it a bit harder

to wade through RADSAFE. I've worked rummaging through RADSAFE into my job;

I pass on interesting stuff to other people in my program. On the other

hand, RADSAFE is not the best venue for an in-depth discussion or debate on

any topic. I do not like it when discussiond get personal and accusatory

bordering on slanderous (or is it libelous). So, on the whole I tend to

agree with you.

I do like the idea of the Virtual Radiation Museum's (VRM) discussion rooms

as a start to in-depth discussions. Although I prefer the *point

counter-point* with rebuttals format used in Health Physics from time to

time. With the latter format in the journal, I'm aware of the discussion and

can read and re-read it at my leisure. The drawback to the VRM and other

electronic distribution-like things (I'm thinking of the HPS/ANSI standards

on the HPS website.) is that I don't know when things have changed, been

added, or a particularly interesting discussion is taking place.

On the whole, I enjoy RADSAFE and have incorporated it into my workday.

Jerry Falo

How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterwards. - Spanish

proverb

The statements herein are entirely the fault of the author and in no way

should be interpreted as official statements of any person or organization

unless otherwise noted.

Gerald A. Falo, Ph.D., CHP

Henry M Jackson Foundation Professional Associate

United States Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine

Health Physics Program

gerald.falo@apg.amedd.army.mil