re: Air Sampling for Unknowns

I recall around 1990 Teledyne Isotopes put together an

intergrated air sampler for environmental monitoring.  It was

used by the low level rad waste folks in Nebraska who wanted to

establish background at the proposed burial site.

The air sampler (as I recall) incuded a particulate filter,

charcoal filter and a pressurized grab sample chamber where

sampled air could be collected.  It also had a mass flow meter to

to determine the total volume sampled.  It was all housed in a

weather proof enclosure.  I don't know what became of it.

Teledyne Isotopes became Teledyne Brown Environmental and the NJ

office that put all this together shut down.

Maybe someone in Nebraska remembers this.  I sure they were

following some guidance to monitor a proposed waste site before

operations began to establish background.

Mike Vala

George Andrews wrote:

> To All What are the current guidance documents or references

relating

> to best practices for air sampling unknown radionuclides in the

> environment? As this topic may not be of great interest to

many,