Re: Fwd: FW: Los Alamos 'security'

Mike,

Apologize for what?  Forwarding an article that is being circulated? Since you have first hand information about this situation, I suggest you contact the author at http://www.wired.com/news/feedback/mail/1,2330,91,00.html and the Wired News at http://www.wired.com/news/feedback/  to voice your concerns.  If you do, please send me a copy.

If you are that concerned about setting the record straight, do it.  Don't shoot the messenger.

 Michael McNaughton <mcnaught@lanl.gov> wrote:

At 07:09 AM 02/26/2003 -0800, John Jacobus wrote:
>I received this from a friend. Government security at its best.

Ok, given the time delay in radsafe and the importance of this topic, I am
going to take a deep breath and try to reply.

At no time in the past 60 years could anybody ever get into a top-secret
area at Los Alamos by stepping over a fence. At present, the nation is at
orange alert, and Los Alamos security is extra-ordinarily tight. Nobody can
get into even a minimal security area without passing several roadblocks
guarded by heavily-armed guards backed by armored vehicles, or climbing
several successive 10-foot-high fences topped by razor wire, watched by
guard towers, and illuminated with search lights.

I ask you to post an apology and a retraction to radsafe and to know-nukes
immediately.

mike
Mike McNaughton!
Los Alamos National Lab.