Fwd: Response to not telling the public about a dirty bomb

JOHN:

Thanks for accepting my apology. This is a very personal issue with me right now.
In response to your question, I feel that in the event of any terrorist bombing inside the US, whether it is a suicide bombing or not, and because of the public awareness of a potential "dirty bomb" containing radioactive materials being used, I believe all city and state agencies along with professional individuals like yourself, would gladly assist in the surveying and monitoring of the areas immediately to determine the presence of  the contamination. I also think this information would be immediately provided to the public. The cost of not informing the public would be catastrophic.  I feel the general public has a tendency not to trust our local and state governments. (maybe they have good reason, I don't know).  I do know that all the education and all the technical verbiage will mean nothing if trust is not established first. John, I personally have spent time in war and the one thing that you must have to keep you sane and focused is trust of the people around you and above you, especially at times when fear takes over and paranoia sets in. I know my response has been lengthy, however, it's my thoughts on this subject.
Best Wishes,
Jim Dykes