Info on events

Somebody asked me about an incident involving a deliberate exposure of a

child by a father using radiography source(s?).  I do seem to recall

something along that line, but being blonde catches up with me from time to

time.

Also in the same vein, I remember a story about some state troopers finding

a (radioactive) placarded box, and becoming ill within minutes.  After

cordoning off the area and bringing meters to the scene it was discovered

that the box was empty, and no source was present.

Can anyone help with references for these stories?

Thanks in advance,

Brian Rees