Re: Info on events

At 12:27 PM 2/27/2003 -0700, Brian Rees wrote:
Somebody asked me about an incident involving a deliberate exposure of a child by a father using radiography source(s?).  I do seem to recall something along that line, but being blonde catches up with me from time to time.

I remember seeing a "wanted" ad in the JPT (Journal of Petroleum Tech.) around 1967 (wow, is that a while back!) where the FBI were looking for this guy who had fled after killing his son by deliberate exposure. The story. as far as I remember, was that the guy had flipped after a messy divorce and attempted to sterilize his son in order that he would never want to mess with women...... The dose was enough to cause necrosis/gangrene/death.

The source used was an industrial radiography source, from the guy's employer (oilfield pipe inspection)

But this is a while back, so I may have missed some details.
Doug
Doug Aitken             Schlumberger Drilling and Measurements QHSE Advisor
Phone (Sugarland):      281 285-8009
Phone (Home office):    713 797-0919
Phone (Cell):           713 562-8585
        Principal E-mail: jdaitken@earthlink.net