RE: Sad news

I suggest we use the "activist kits" with their list of stores selling

irradiated meats to our advantage.

We should start our own letter writing campaign in favor of irradiated meat,

using the anti-activist mailing lists.

:)

BTW the "hide-bound" health department rules will probably be the single

biggest obstacle to the retailers realizing one of the main benefits of meat

irradiation: longer shelf life. While there is some indication of irradiated

meat costing slightly more per pound, everything else being equal, an

extended shelf life could conceivably LOWER the price in the long term,

because of reduced waste.

Charlie Migliore