spam and state of NH

My NH conmtact provided me witrh the explantion received

> DHHS has been experiencing a significant increase in SPAM e-mail, which

> negatively affects staff and computer resources. In an effort to reduce

> this volume, the incoming Notes mail server will have reverse DNS lookup Enabled

> on March 3. This industry standard configuration setting serves to validate

> the e-mail source by comparing the e-mail originating domain name and IP

> address. If the two items are resolved, the e-mail is accepted. If the two

> items are not resolved, the e-mail will be rejected.

As mentioned my many, it's a matter of my IP and Domain. I am sending

the mail from my Earthlink account, using the ICN server. In that

there is no reverse DNS lookup capability that matches, I am

"banned". The only way this works is if I send the news from home

(which I do infrequently) or am on the road (also sent infrequently).

In the meantime, the individual who is affected is off the direct

list and is going to receive the news via Radsafe (which is not

blocked so far) .. but could be in the future, as seen in other

institutions.

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/