Letter to Congressman McDermott by Leuren Moret

There they go again:

http://www.mindfully.org/Nucs/2003/Leuren-Moret-Gen-Groves21feb03.htm

Looking at reference 2 in the letter, I learned that the Olean Times-Herald published my letter to the editor of a month ago and that the letter attracted activists' attention.

For the record, I am not a spokesperson for the DOD and never have been. I am a retired Army colonel who wrote that letter as a private citizen concerned about an inaccurate editorial. I am sending a copy of this note to Congressman McDermott lest he get the wrong impression of me.

I may have found a new hobby!

Bob Cherry, Ph.D., CHP
Colonel, U.S. Army (retired)

PS Here is what I wrote to Rep. McDermott:
Dear Mr. McDermott:

I learned of a letter that an activist sent you that appears on the following website:

http://www.mindfully.org/Nucs/2003/Leuren-Moret-Gen-Groves21feb03.htm

The author referenced a letter that I wrote to a newspaper editor and said that my letter represented a DOD position. That is not true.

I am not a spokesperson for the DOD and never have been. I am a retired Army colonel and wrote my letter as a private citizen concerned about an inaccurate editorial having to do with an activist's (Doug Rokke) misrepresentations of himself and of depleted uranium.

By the way, the letter on the website is full of baloney, too.

Sincerely,

Robert N. Cherry, Jr., Ph.D., CHP
Colonel, U.S. Army (retired)