AW: my news distribution -- State of NH bans it from distribution to their state employees!

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Sandy Perle

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 06. März 2003 14:43

An: radsafe

Betreff: my news distribution -- State of NH bans it from distribution

to their state employees!

The following is my response to the State of NH to their banning my

news distribution from reaching their employees. Follow-up letters to

them have also been banned. I'd really like to know from the state as

to what they consider "banned information"!

--------------------------------------

Sandy,

Let me tell you a queer observation, which might or might not be related to

your "banned information":

I am very much interested in the history of radiation research and

especially in issues connected with nuclear weapons. So I frequently browse

on e-bay. It has happened during the last months, that certain items were

locked and I could not get information about them nor bid on them. It was

explicitely stated, that the information could not be displayed because of

legal problems. These were for instance pictures from Oak Ridge after WW II,

souvenirs and books sold by the "Children of the Manhattan Project" like

photos about Hiroshima, Nagasaki, a book on the Bockscare mission etc. Those

pictures have been published many million times in books, brochures and

newspapers. With a book on reprocessing from the late fourties I had not

problem to buy it......

Maybe the word "nuclear" is rated by some filters at the same level as

"pornography" or "sex". In the latter case you can never download a Swedish

text, because this is the Swedish word for "six".....

Best regards,

Franz