AW: EPA to look at how toxins affect kids, "Educating the Public"

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Norman Cohen

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 06. März 2003 15:10

An: Know_Nukes@yahoogroups.com; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Betreff: EPA to look at how toxins affect kids

HI all,

While the EPA oes not specify radiation in this article, doesn't their

current position, that children are more at risk, lend support to the

Tooth Fairy Project's hypothesis about the effects of low level

radiation on the fetus and infants?

Norm

Some time ago I have spent considerable time to explain very detailed, why

the Tooth Fairy Project - which by the way is focussed on Sr-90 in teeth and

not on low-level radiation - is nonsense, why it is against any common sense

and against all the vast knowledge which has accumulated since many decades

about radioecology, why it is absurd to believe that Sr-90 would directly

from nuclear fuel elements in the reactor vessel "fly" to the teeth of

children and that there is no pathway for Sr-90 generated in a nuclear

reactor to reach teeth of children or grown-ups. I have explained, that the

Sr-90 which is found in any bones and any teeth of people living on this

planet since the late 1950's is simply from the Sr-90 distributed to the

atmosphere from atmospheric bomb tests and reached bones and teeth via

ingestion from food, contaminated by Sr-90 (and Cs-137). We have even used

the Sr-90 content of environmental samples to date them.

The Tooth Fairy Project is not junk-science, it is only junk. When thinking

of which "scientists" are involved I recognize only the creme de la creme of

junk (science) in radiation effects, who simply cannot stop their unbased

and unfounded agitation they are doing since decades, because otherwise they

would loose fundings. Reading the only report I ever was able to find, I was

close to vomiting, because the graphs shown compared with the "conclusions"

are violating any principles of scientific interpretation and only follow

the principle "Do not disturb me with facts, I have made up my mind".

Enough with this rant, but still the conclusion: Some persons on RADSAFE

always claim, that we "simply" have to educate the public. Norm is the best

example, that you can try as hard as you want, but he starts to repeat over

and over again the same nonsense, pretending, but in fact not interested in,

that he wants to learn from our educational efforts. The same is true for

the public - educate the public for three years and they will believe  after

three years any nonsense, which mass media distribute and which is contrary

to what they had been educated to.

Best regards,

Franz