Re: EPA to look at how toxins affect kids

HI all,

Trying to answer everyone with one post, to make it easier for radsafers

to delete. ;-)

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my first post. What the TFP claims is that

their (Mangano's) statistics show that continual doses

of low level radiation from nuke plants affect the health of those most

at risk - fetuses, infants, elderly, those with compromised immune

systems. Sr90 in baby teeth is merely a way of tracking low leveel

emissions from nukes. If sr90 has a half life of 29 years, then sr90 in

baby teeth should be trending down, not levelling off or going up. The

point is that if the extra sr90 (yes picocuries) is from nuke plants,

than the infant that ingested sr90 probably also was affected by all the

other radionuclides nukes emit.

It seems to me that the EPA is concurring with at least part of the TFP

thesis - that indeed the groups named above are more at risk from cancer

causing toxins, including ionizing radiation.

Nowhere do I claim that sr90 alone causes cancer in these groups of

people. The question is whether or not nukes emit enough radionuclides

that are taken into the body, stay there, and emit radiation that

weakens the immune system, thus leading to higher levels of cancers like

lymphoma.

Norm

Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr Ave., Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8583 or 609-601-8537;  ncohen12@comcast.net  UNPLUG SALEM WEBSITE:  http://www.unplugsalem.org/  COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE WEBSITE:  http://www.coalitionforpeaceandjustice.org   The Coalition for Peace and Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.

"First they ignore you; Then they laugh at you; Then they fight you; Then you win. (Gandhi) "Why walk when you can fly?"  (Mary Chapin Carpenter)