RE: Cancer Rates

Dr. Gofman uses University of California letterhead in a letter posted on a private web site (URL link below).  I doubt that his position, as stated in the letter, is the University's position, therefore the letterhead would be an inappropriate misuse of UC resources. I am neither disputing nor supporting Dr. Gofman's scientific contentions.  I am simply pointing out his misuse of UC resources, as I believe that his letter presents a scientific/political position that is not an official position of the University of California.  Under the California "whistle blower act", I have the responsibility to report the misuse of UC resources, therefore I will be reporting it to the Chancellor.  If you find the misuse of UC resources to be offensive, you may wish to call or mail UC Berkeley's Chancellor Robert M. Berdahl, at the following.  PS: I could not find an email address for Chancellor Behrdahl's office, so if someone figures that out, please let me know.

Mailing Address:

Office of the Chancellor

200  <http://www.berkeley.edu/campus_map/index.html> California Hall #1500

Berkeley, CA 94720-1500

(510) 642-7464

Larry Grimm, Senior HP

UCLA EH&S/ Radiation Safety Division

*	lgrimm@admin.ucla.edu   Phone:310/206-0712   Fax: 310/206-9051 Cell: 310/863-5556  Pager:1-800-233-7231ext93569

*	On Campus: 501 Westwood Plaza, 4th Floor, MS 951605

*	Off Campus: UCLA Radiation Safety Div, 501 Westwood Plaza 4th Fl, Box 951605, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1605

*	If this email is not RSD business, the opinions are mine, not UCLA's.