Re: Damage stays from low-dose X-rays

I found the same story in my yesterday s nespaper.

http://www.berlinonline.de/berliner-zeitung/wissenschaft/232739.html

but surprisingly not yet at PNN Online, that lists publications up to April 1st.

What does that mean:

"hey propose,  that the body simply does not recognize lower levels of damage and does not

move to repair it."

I thought the body  (the repair mechanism) recognizes rather the outcomes of radiation (i.e. DNA-breaks) than the

radiation itself. By the way: what does the latter mean from a philosophical point of view ;-) ?

What  type of radiation outcome different from DNA-breaks should that be, that triggers the DNA-repair mechanism?

So should we all move to Kerala?

A physicist s not a biologist s opinion.

Michael

Michael Hahn

Landesamt für Verbraucherschutz und Landwirtschaft

- Strahlenschutz -

Tel. 0335 560 3127

Fax 0335 560 3139

e.mail: Michael.Hahn@lvl.brandenburg.de