Re: Prussian Blue as Tmt for Exposure to Radioactive Exposures

About this topic:

 In determining the safety and effectiveness of Prussian blue, FDA evaluated

reports of a 1987 incident in Brazil, where 250 people were contaminated

with cesium-137 that had been abandoned after use in a cancer clinic. The

reports showed that Prussian blue reduced the time the body was contaminated

with cesium-137. Additional data from the literature, including a study of 7

human volunteers contaminated with trace doses of cesium-137, and reports on

19 patients in other incidents

show a similar reduction in the biological half-life of the cesium after

Prussian blue administration New Drug Applications.

To those interested please download the 10 MB (100 pages) AIEA TECDOC 1009

Dosimetric and Medical Aspects of the Radiological Accident in Goiânia in

1997

http://www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/PDF/te_1009_prn.pdf

One correction the Goiania event was an accident not  an incident, according

with  INES SCALE and the General IAEA concept

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel