Re: Bq soon

All

An interesting discussion. My own experience is

1. Learn the SI system in the UK in the 1970's and in Canada in the 1980's

2. Go to the US and be reminded that the "British" system was still being

used.

3. Take a working trip to Australia's Mineral Sands "outback", where nobody

used/knew the British system.

4. Return to Canada and relearn the SI system. The hardest part was in the

stores, i.e. how many kg of meat should I buy for dinner?

I have been hearing the the DOE/NRC will be adopting the SI systeom "soon"

for years. What is the current "word on the street"?

Have a good week, that's 7 days in both systems!:)

John R Johnson, PhD

idias@interchange.ubc.ca