clean it up

> How about a message telling people how to avoid sending the following type

of gobbilty gook (see short example below) with each message sent to

radsafe?

> Newtons? <SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN><SPAN=20

style=3D"mso-spacerun: =

This has been requested in the past, but can always be repeated. The digest

subscribers are often plagued by this as well, and in bigger loads all at

once. The thing is to turn off the feature in your email program that sends

emails as plain text and HTML, and to send plain text only. How this switch

is thrown varies from program to program.

While we're on the subject of clean, I will note that at times some of you

are not getting your Radsafe emails, as some companies' servers are trying

to filter out what they consider to be suspicious or offensive material. A

recent email actually contained the word "sex", but in an on-topic context

(guess what, folks, my email will now get filtered). I was astounded to see

an email get bounced from a server recently for possibly offensive content

because it contained the word "body" - c'mon, isn't that a bit too

restrictive? You don't need to change anything you are doing, we don't

tolerate coarse language or off topic stuff on the list as it is, just be

aware if you miss some emails, it may be due to your company's easily

offended server. I guess we would call this e-blushing.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 343-0068